Saturday, December 17, 2005

PKR - $2/$4 No Limit Friday Night

What an action night! I was sitting right in the middle of the table and typically like that seat because my vision isn't what it used to be.... LOL. At any rate, there's a pre-flop raise on practically every hand and although there's a full-table, you've got to play a lot of hands or just get run over. I went up a couple hundred dollars within the first hour and then tried to play more hands to trap somebody. Well, it finally worked!

I was on the button between the two most agressive players at the table, Akash and Elly Z. Elly raised it to $12 and there were about four callers. I had Qc, Js and decided to see the flop since I knew the exact cost of that view. The flop was almost perfect: Ah, Ks, 10s. Everybody checked around to me and I decided to make a little value bet of $26 and there were three callers, Elly, JoeBob and Akash. I had already determined that on the turn I was pushing all-in, regardless of the card, but was certainly hoping that it didn't pair the board or complete the flush draw. At any rate, its the 10d. It checks to me and I push in about $250 and Elly folds and JoeBob takes a long time and finally calls. Akash folds and I turn over my straight and JoeBob turns over Qs, 7s which gives him more outs than I had hoped he would have, but after taking as long as he did, I knew he didn't have a boat. So any spade on the river and he wins and any Jack and he chops. I guess $250 was a lot to call for that size pot and those outs, but he did it. Fortunately the river was a brick and took down the pot.

It was also interesting that this was basically the same flop that knocked me out of the tournament last weekend and it was with JoeBob as well. You may remember that he flopped the top set and flopped two pair, Aces and tens. Glad that this one had a different outcome!

No comments: