Friday, December 30, 2005

A Night to Forget....

Well, I knew one of these was possible because I'd seen a couple of guys have them, but I always hoped that I'd be able to avoid it. It was marathon night over at Corey's home game. Most of the night we were short-handed and I was staying around even till around midnight when I took a couple of big hits. It was like I was a boxing opponent of Mike Tyson when he was about 20 years old. There were three different times that I pushed all my chips in and had my opponent dominated only to end up chopping the pot. For instance, I've got AJos, the flop is A, A, 8. My opponent bets and I come over the top all in. He turns over A9os. The turn is a brick and the river is an 8..... so we chop with Aces full of eights. The only other hand that I'll tell you about is the very last hand of the night.... We've actually kicked the game up from $2/$4 No Limit to $5/$10 No Limit. I have 4d, 5d on the button. The small blind bets $20 and there are no callers except me. The flop 4c, 5h, 6d. The small blind bets $20 and I call. The turn is the 5c. The small blind bets $35 and I raise all in. He quickly calls. I turn my boat over.... fives full of fours. He turns his boat over.... fives full of sixes. That or something very close happened about 4-5 times..... It's a wonder that I didn't quit poker..... again!

I only made one New Year's resolution last year..... Not to kill anybody this year. I almost blew it that night!

No comments: