Thursday, December 22, 2005

Oooops... Misread Petey!

I stopped by PKR Wednesday night while the family was tied up with hockey practice and there was another very small crowd there. We were playing five handed with me, Crazy Carl, Petey, JoeBob, and Drunk Paul (I'm not sure people actually call him that, but they probably should). Everytime I've seen him he's been drunk. Probably not the best condition to be in while you're playing poker, but I guess it makes him feel invulnerable. I have noticed that when he plays, he can't determine whether he is speeding or falling off a cliff. So far, everytime I've played with him, he was falling off a cliff. He busted out three times in less than an hour and a half on borrowed money. LOL.

Petey appears to be someone who likes to be the table captain, but the role just doesn't fit for some reason. We're playing $1/$2 No Limit. This particular hand, he raised pre-flop to $12 and JoeBob, Drunk Paul and I called. I've got 7s, 9s and the flop comes 6s, 8s, 9c. I don't think you could get me out of this hand with a handgun. So Petey bets $17, JoeBob calls, Drunk Paul folds, and I raise to $34. Petey calls and JoeBob folds. The turn is 2d. Petey checks and I bet $30. Petey calls. The river is a Ks. Petey bets $45 and I call. He asks if I have a flush, I flip over the 9 high flush and he doesn't even show his cards. LOL. I should have re-raised, but I was a little concerned about a higher flush. But still it was an OK size pot.

I basically won back the $$ that I donkeyed off on Tuesday night. LOL. But I did accomplish one thing that I wanted to... before I left, Eli showed up and I got his business card to see if we can get him to plug into our weekly game. I think he'll like our group. No Drunk Pauls in our group.

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding like Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men," but if Drunk Paul loses money quickly and often, don't we WANT him in our game...don't we NEED him in our game...? :-)

Charles R said...

I don't think that any of us want to play with drunk annoying people, especially those that are borrowing money from other people at the table to play in the game. You're probably right, if Bill Gates shows up drunk, we'll plug him in somewhere... I guarantee it. Although it was quite amusing to see this guy trying to push people around at the table with a $40/$60 stack of borrowed money. I didn't feel threatened.