Saturday, December 17, 2005

PKR - $2/$4 No Limit Friday Night *MONSTER POT*

As described earlier, the largest pot that I've seen at PKR happened this past Friday night. It was, as you'd expect, between Elly (sp?) and Akash. Elly came in earlier and bought in for $400 and made an unbelievably bad all-in call with no hand and very little draw when he busted out and said, "I've got to go, I'll be back in about an hour!" LOL.

This isn't going to be slam Elly post, but I was in the big blind with AKos, I raised it to $15 and there were a couple of callers. The flop was 8, 8, 3.... no bets. The turn was Ah so I bet $50 and Elly pushed all in for about $40 more. I call "hoping" he wasn't slow playing an 8 or pocket 3's. He turns over A, 3 and calls two pair, Aces and threes. Oh well, I turn over A, K for two pair, Aces and eights with a King kicker. Oooops.

At any rate, the biggest pot that I've seen at PKR happened after he returned about an hour later. He had bought in for $400 a couple of times and topped it off once or twice. In this particular hand, he raises it pre-flop to $18 which seems to be standard bet in $2/$4. There are a couple of callers and Akash raised it $50 more and everyone calls. The flop is Kh, Jd, 8d. Akash bets $100 and Elly calls and there is one other caller. The turn is a Ks. Akash bets $100 and Elly pushes all in for about $900 more. Akash deliberates for what seems like an entire season of CSI:Miami but eventually makes the call with nothing but a flush draw. The river is a Queen. Elly turns over K, Q giving him a full-house Kings full of Queens. Nice! Somewhere around $2,500!

At this point, I was up about $800 but was leaving town early Saturday morning, so I just called it a night! I don't know what happened after that.... I'm sure it wasn't boring!

No comments: