Saturday, January 13, 2007

Card Dead!

Another card dead poker tournament for me! I guarantee you that most people would have quit by now.... it doesn't matter the draw, the number of outs... no matter how few there are for my opponents, over the past few weeks, they have come! But then, that's poker! The good, the bad and the Dave! LOL.

Sorry, I couldn't resist it... There were a couple of interesting hands today. My first of any consequence was against Jason... I limp in from late position with the Qh, 10s.... I really like that hand... At any rate, the flop comes Qc, 7s, 5s... Jason, in early position bets $700 with the blinds at about $100/$200 and I believe there were four of us in the hand. Everyone folds to me and push all-in with another $900 or so... he immediately calls and turns over Qs, 6s... the turn I believe gives Jason an open ended straight draw to go along with the flush draw... and of course, the river is a spade. Nice!

Another typical hand, Big Dave is in the small blind with pocket 3's... there are several limpers including Raj who's been going all-in about every other hand. The flop comes A, 7, 6 and Dave checks.... Raj moves all-in and everyone folds to Dave who makes a crying call.... thinking... hoping that his 3's might be good! Raj turns over his A, shitty kicker. The turn is a 5. You know, Dave has to hit a 3 for a set and now any 4 will give him a straight. You got it! Four on the river! Oh well....

Let the suck-outs begin!

No comments: