Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Thanks Grandma-ma!

Thanks to the birthday card from my Nana, I was able to buy in for $10 more than the $39 that I usually buy in for. And lose it quicker in a 3- or 4-way all in preflop O8 round. Trying to isolate and got too many callers with QQ24 double-suited. I'd take it any day and twice on Sunday isolated against Juice. And the same with the KK-low-low that I got it all in with the second time (who scored the flush with J229). Only... those pesky 3rd and 4th and sometimes 5th people that get all their chips in with us screw everything up.

So for my 3rd trick, I rebuy $400, work that up to 500 or 600, and then the hand of the night... AA39, with 2 spades. Buncha limps, and Juice makes it like 20 to go. 4 or 5 callers, so I'll take $100 right there, and not mind at all if Juice makes the call. I gotta hit one of these, right? So Frank calls between us, and Juice calls too. Great. Might as well pack it in. Rick even contemplates calling, probably with something like 2229. He'd probably hit. But... low and behold... Flop comes 2 spades and two low cards... turn brings a spade, and river brings a deuce. Scooper! Insta-$1500.

That's it... nothing else stands out except John getting caught with his pants not just around his knees, but in the next county. I had A3 and call a $20 preflop raise. Frank calls, and flop is ATx or AKx. Frank bets $25, and John raises to $75. I smell something so foul I think Juice must have let his worms decompose right there in his shorts. Only, I'm worried about Frank having a bigger Ace (which he did) so I fold. I had made up my mind that I was way ahead. Turn Jack, river Jack. John bet ~$250 and then ~$450. I had made up my mind that he was full of it, and would have called him down. Evidently Frank smelled it too, and called. Nice read.

2 comments:

Charles R said...

Nice! And welcome back.... Sir Nate!

Rick said...

You laugh now, but if I had called with my 2-2-2-9, I'd have hit "Dave-quads" on the river and taken all your chips! And who'd be laughing then?! You are so lucky...