Saturday, January 13, 2007

PKR Pot Limit Omaha Hi or Hi/Lo - Friday night!

An interesting night at PKR.... the usual suspects MINUS Rick.... what's up with that? At any rate, I tried to play appropriately but it is difficult when there's a table full of folks who don't know when to bet and when to fold in Omaha. It is an exciting game with a lot more action than Hold'em, but you find a lot of hold'em players trying to make the transition with no real clue about how to play and what hands to play. I feel like one of them most of the time... LOL.

My basic strategy with O8 is only play two-way hands.... hands that give you a shot at scooping the pot. And you are correct, with four cards in your hand, any hand COULD be a scooper, but most aren't likely to be....

There was an interesting hand with Frank tonight and yes, he sucked out on me. I had Ah, Qd, Qc, 2s.... the flop was Kc, Js, 10s. NUTS! I'm in late position and bet the pot... $40. John is between me and Frank and folds. Frank calls and it folds back to me.... The turn is a 4d. Frank checks and I bet the pot.... $120. Frank calls and the river is the 9s. Frank bets the pot and I only have about $25 remaining and of course call. He turns over the As, Ks and two bricks.... Nice! The other interesting thing about this one is that Akash folded 2 spades and as he was asking around as sometimes happens during a game in Wake County.... he discovered that 2 other people folded 2 spades (I know, its almost impossible to believe) that means with the 2 on the board + Frank's + the aforementioned that's 11 accounted for.... ye olde 2 outer!

I won a nice pot later though hitting the nut flush on the river against him and Mike D though... although I did have a nice low draw as well which ended up being counterfeited. Hey.... crap happens....

I ended up taking down a nice pot once when I flopped Quad Fours and the nut low.... by the time we got to the river though everyone ran away.....

The last hand of the night I ran into Joe.... I flopped sixes full of sevens and he flopped Quad Sevens.... No Monkey in Cary though....

It had been a few weeks since I could get out on Friday night so it was good to see the guys again! And now, on to Saturday's tournament!

See ya!

2 comments:

Superplaya said...

Rumor has it that Rick got busted up pretty good from The Juice and has lost all his mojo and thinking of going back to bingo.

Rick said...

Rick has most-assuredly not lost his mojo. He has, however, lost a lot of sleep with a nasty bout of the flu this past week. As sick as he was, he was well enough to kick butt in yet another PKR Saturday tournament (ho-hum)...