Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Poker with the Juice!

Well, what a night! For my first night back in over 2 months, it was quite exciting! I have never had such great cards to not make or take down any monster pots. I flopped the top set, Kings, against Elvie and got all our money in on the turn with only two cards to the low.... 4x, 5x for him to call me with nothing but a low draw and hit the 3 on the river to scoop the $600 pot. I flopped a royal flush out of position in Omaha 8 and must have taken down a $40 pot. I flopped quads 3 times and aces full twice and never got to squeeze the monkey once. I flopped broadway and bet big twice only to have Nate call me in one of them (because he thinks that Elvie will give him the proper odds) and pair the board to make his boat -and- his smallish bet (compared to the pot) was a must call. I flopped top set, Kings against the Juice and we got all our money in on the flop with only one card to the low for him to hit runner/runner to get half the pot.... and then, poor-old, un-lucky, never-hits-any-cards, the unluckiest man I know, Rick, take down a $2500 pot against Bill T with 5, 6os. What a load of crap!

Then the Juice leaves early.... that's like going to a topless bar and finding out that there are no women working that night! What's up with that!

Oh, well..... welcome back!

No comments: