Monday, January 22, 2007

Hey... where'd he go?

Rick and I made the jaunt over to Benson for the tournament yesterday and always, there was a great group of guys there. We didn't do very well, but its always fun to talk poker with Rick there and back. Especially since I don't get to play as much with him as I used to... at any rate, during one of our conversations he reminded me of something that I probably should have blogged immediately following the US Poker Championship back in September. We were playing in the cash game 2/5 at the Borgata and this older gentleman came to the table and sat down with a huge rack of chips, Rick was sitting closer to him than I was, but it looked like several thousand dollars in chips. He was a short, salt & pepper haired guy with a black-ish handle-bar shaped, moustache. He sort of reminded me of someone who may have been retired military. Very staunch looking, no hair out of place and everything neatly pressed.

At any rate, he sat down and posted his blind in early position. I've got the Ad, 9d and he raises it to $45 and there are a couple of callers and I call. The flop was the Kd, 8d, 4d..... the colonel bets $125 with one caller and I call. The turn was a brick. The colonel bets $250, the other guy folds and I re-raise all-in for another $400 or so and before the action gets back to him, he's out of there like a bullet. He was gone! Chips, cologne, moustache, everything.... gone!

Hey! Where'd he go?

No comments: