Sunday, January 14, 2007

PKR Sunday Tournament

Another excellent tournament at PKR.... I got out played in my last hand... I had just lost a big pot to Ed when I flopped a Jack high flush and pushed all-in on the turn and he calls all of his chips and hits a fourth diamond on the board on the river to win with his lone Ace of diamonds....

A couple hands later.... I raised the $200 blind to $1000 in late position with the Jd, Ad and everyone folds except Carl in the big blind. The flop is Ah, 7h, 5s. Carl checks and I, truly thinking that I am just being nice, check. The turn is a Queen of clubs... now I like my Ace even better. Carl bets $3000 and since Ed's suck-out, I only had about $5300 total. I call thinking that he might be trying to push me out with a busted heart draw. The river is a 9x and he pushes me all-in. I'm still on tilt from Ed's suck-out so I call and he turns over pocket sevens. He flopped a set and knocked me out of the tournament. In all likelihood, had any been anyone else but Carl, I probably would have pushed in after the flop so there you go.

Cold decked again! Nice hand Carl...... you were ahead the whole way..... I thought that I may have coined a new phrase on my drive home while replaying the last few hands in my head. You know how many times, we all want to say, "I got my money in the pot with the best hand!" Well, not me, not this time, Carl outplayed me. At any rate, tell me what you think of the new phrase, er, excuse, er.... whiney response... "If he weren't ahead, I probably would have been!" Well, think about it, although possible for us to tie on the flop or the turn, the odds are against us having the identical hand.

Oh well, back to the felt!

No comments: