Saturday, September 08, 2007

Boy, Am I a donkey! but I won!

My biggest hand of the night and I made a great call.... for the wrong reason and scooped it....

Yep, I flopped the nuts.... I've got 2c, 4h, 6h, 7c --- there's the traditional $15 straddle and the pot is about $60 pre-flop.

The flop... I really like -- 5x, 8x, 9x with 2 clubs... I flopped the nuts with a (albeit crappy, but a flush draw and a decent low draw). I lead out with a pot bet and Rick calls. The turn is a harmless Kh, Rick checks and I bet the pot - $180. Rick smooth calls. The river pairs the board with an 8 and Rick puts me all in. I deliberate for a moment of two and announce the "straight with a 2x, 4x low" --- Rick had bluffed at the paired board with no low hitting expecting that I would run away and because I thought there was a low figured I had it one way or the other.... Nice!

Good playing Rick, but I've often said that it is very difficult to put someone on a hand when they don't know what they have.... that would be me!

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: