Sunday, September 30, 2007

Not my week....

Nope, there were four big Omaha 8 hands between Friday and Saturday down in Cary and at Juice's.... everyone of them, at least as the cards were turned up, I was ahead and in every instance the cooler came for me to watch my stack get sucked away.... not exactly the image you want fresh in your mind as you board a plane for Vegas. But without some weird formatting process from the TV series 24, I don't have much choice. There was only a couple of moments late last night with the Juice which came in to somehow let me gather at least some of my chips back home.

I'll tell you about one as I must hurry to catch the plane. It's late, I'm down and from late position I peer down to find 8s, 9s, 10c, 9c. There is the usual $40ish straddle pre-flop and I'm feeling like I would rather gamble and lose than to cash out for some smallish amount. At any rate, enough about tilt, the flop.... 10s, Js, Qs. There's only about 4 of us in the hand and from middle position Tom leads out with about $120 bet, Dave calls and I smooth call. And I have to admit, my luck has been so bad of late that I thought there might be a glimmer of chance that someone had the cooler... the As, Ks.... but if they did, they were going to get paid. I really like the hand though because even if I lose with it, it's bloggable. Whee! And no possible low!

The turn is the 7s.... and Tom pushes in the remainder of his chips, about another $120 or so and since I was in late position after Dave called, I thought for a moment about a raise, but I thought that if I let another card come off that he might catch something and you know, grow and nut.... and bet it. I think that the river was a meaningless Kh. So the Juice-less wonder, f*&k-face, c*&t lips.... checks. I make a bet of about $240 and he turns up his set of jacks and after the usual Hollywood dissection of the hand.... folds. And the sh*t-end of the straight flush was good after all.

It was a fun night as we had a full table almost all night and there was lots of action....

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: