Sunday, September 02, 2007

Dave and an Amazing Hand

I probably won't be able to remember all the suits, but I was betting into Dave Saturday night in one hand where he had so many outs even though he was behind... he was ahead!

It was a crazy night for Dave and he was betting like a maniac and catching the cards to go with the bets... I told him once that he was living proof that if you run around on the run way long enough out at RDU, a jet plane would kill you! I think that he MAY have played every hand but maybe 5 hands all night. He even played one hand by phone from upstairs in his office!

At any rate, this big hand.... I've got KK, crap, crap and the flop comes Kx, Jx, 4x... I lead out with a $250ish bet into the $100ish pot and he immediately calls. The turn is a 3x.... I push all in for $1800 or so. He insta-calls.... and turns over the Ax, Qx, 10x, 2x..... wow! A complete wrap up top and the nut low draw.... like I said... even though he was behind... he was ahead! And of course, my run of luck continues and he hits broadway on the river to scoop the pot! And that was just the beginning.... I'll let him blog it for you, but there was one hand when (he had everyone at the table covered) and gets everyone but one person all-in and scoops the pot! It was unbelievable!

It was my biggest loss in quite some time... and it'll probably take me a little while to clean up the wounds! LOL.

Oh well... let the suck outs begin!

No comments: