Monday, February 11, 2008

Omaha 8 No Limit @ the Juice

Boy, I was getting slammed over and over and over again Saturday night and Sunday morning with the river card from hell.... I mentioned in an earlier blog that I must have been quartered 10 times. And in many of those cases, I was the quarter'er until the river and then I got quartered. I should probably be thankful though as the majority of those happened early in the evening so I had time and patience to make it back up.

My biggest hand of the night came against the Juice as most folks in North Raleigh were rolling over Sunday morning at least thinking about going out to get their newspaper. I had slowly and painfully built my stack back up to about $2800 and took two big hits from Rick and the Juice that knocked me back down around $1800 when this hand unfolded. I was definitely at the all or nothing point, but wanted to hang my fortune on what could be a huge hand. And then... this hand.

The game is Omaha 8 No Limit $5/$10 blinds and I'm in the big blind when I find this:

My Hand






We have basically run everyone else off.... I think that Big Dave was the first casualty somewhere around 3:00am. Then SuperPlaya, then Ronnie, then Keith.... Bill T never showed up. Then Ron made, I think, the correct fold pre-flop when he would have made a boat and thinking that he gave up a huge pot, cashed out. The truth is that had Ron been in that hand, the pot would not have been that big... at least with any of my chips. Oh well.... back to the last hand of the night.

Feeling froggy.... I raise it $100 and everyone calls... there's only four of us at this point, me, the Juice, Rick and Dean-O. I like the flop but it could have been better....

The Flop





Dean checks.... I check.... the Juice bets $400. Rick considers and then folds. Dean folds. Although I may be behind there's a good chance that my Ace/King is ahead AND that the Juice is on a worst flush draw than I have so I decide to see if another card to the low comes off so I just smooth call.

The turn:





I really like this card as it means that any card that doesn't pair the board 8 or under gives me at least half the pot. Any spade that doesn't pair the board gives me the nut flush and the nut low. Still wanting to make certain that I get my chips in good, I check. The Juice bets $500 and I beat him in the pot with my chips.

The river:





I take just a moment as this is the first time tonight that my draws had actually gotten there.... I have $700 left and push it in.... I don't remember exactly what his cards were as he threw them across the table, but I do remember that he had a King high flush.... It turns out that I was ahead the entire time with the Ace/King. But the nut flush just made it a little sweeter. As he matched up my stacks to pay me off, it totaled what would be my biggest pot of the night. Right at $3500 or so and a tidy little $3000 after the normal rake.

Welcome to the Juice.... Let the suck outs begin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi i liked your blog and would like to do link exchange with your blog.
Please let me know what you think about it.

Charles R said...

Hi sudeep, please email the information to me at charles@trianglepokerjournal.com and I'll be glad to look at it. Thanks!
Charles