Friday, February 15, 2008

Stressful Night

Well I just got busted out of the FTOPS Razz tourney and I'm just extremly dissappointed with myself. I played great the entire time except for 4 hands and the last one was the biggest dissappointment of them all. Its after 3:00 am and I've been up for 16 hours so I guess I'm making an excue for my stupidity. I thought my hand read 76432 and I had locks on a massive pot that would have put me back into the top 10 in chips but the action was going so fast that when I made the last bet of $10k I realized that I had 75442 which made me a 97 vs his 8. Such a let down after being chip leader or top 10 for most of the night. Ended up busting out in 25 th place put really felt like anything less then a final table was underachiving. Oh well, ended up with an $1,100 cash after a $40 satelitte buy-in so not bad but first paid out over $41k, 2nd $27k and 3rd $18k and I was right there in the running for it. There is still some more events to play. The Stud even is tomorrow and I think I will try to learn how to play that tomorrow (I greatly overvalue my hands and need to work on that), the PLO rebuy is also Sat which will be wild but I might go in with only one buy-in and try to get lucky and build up a stack, then the big $2,500 buy in NLHE two day event starts Sat with deep stacks and extended blind levels to allow for some real playing time with 1st taking home at least $368k so that's worth a shot to satellite into. Then the short handed NLHE event is Sat night and the Main Event is Sunday with a payout of at least $350k. So the next few days will be filled with satellites trying to get in cheap and hope for a monster, life changing payout.

Still can not believe I donked away those chips....I will be better rested next event and more focused.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, This is exactly what I was looking for! Clears up
many contradictions I've heard