Sunday, February 10, 2008

One of those nights...

and unfortunately for me... it started early! I'll bet I was quartered 10 times last night! And in about 70% of the cases, I was the quarterer prior to the river and then "SLAM" right up the ole kiester. LOL. But I did get some payback and fortunately it was near the end. I got as much satisfaction of just costing the Juice money as I did out of winning. The first time that my cockles were warmed came when the Juice bets into Rick and Rick raises all in giving the Juice the "ok, how bad shape am I in?" The board had just paired 8's and the Juice says... oh, you're horrible shape and turns over what appeared to me to be 2 pair Queens and fours which were just hammered by the board pairing eights. But to his defense, he did say.... "I've got a boat!" and began to scoop the pot as a meaningless river comes. Even though I'm not in the hand, I feel it to be civic duty to straighten this crap out... so I say "hold on!" and Rick's trip eights with an Ace scoops about $1300 pot..... Nice! I had fun with that for the next hour or so....

The next big hand was between Rick and the Juice too.... I may have to show you this one graphically.... (the suits will probably be incorrect, but the are not that important here anyway).

Rick's hand





The Juice





The Flop





The Turn & the River






Both hands flop monsters, anyone will assume when the Juice raises pre-flop that he has a big pair of some sort and the flop gives you trip 3's that you are most likely in great shape and have him drawing to a 2 outer. So when the Juice pushes all-in, you can't wait to get your chips in the pot.... especially if you have the nut low re-draw. When the Ace comes on the turn, you're there... you're free rolling for at least half the pot based on the way the cards lie. And then, the dagger in the Juice's heart.... another Ace, giving Rick Aces full of threes and the nut low! Whee! And welcome to the game that we love to play.... Omaha 8 No Limit or in the biblical terminology... "Shall we gather at the River?"

I've got to tell you about the last hand of the night, but I'll wait to do that till later as I've got some things to deal with today. I am hoping that Dean-O will log in and tell you about the hand of the century that he hit ... also against the Juice in the whee hours of the morning.

Alrighty, let the suck outs begin!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey there! I don't know how I didn't find out about your blog - I get your newsletter :) But I'm glad to finally know this exists.

now - about that bad beat - ouch!

But I think that was happening a lot last night, lol. On AP, I flopped trip queens. It came up QQA. A guy goes all in... I call for my 10,000 + chips (on the bubble by the way). I had Q/10 on the BB, the guy was first to act. He had a/2 os. Anyhow, back to the hand - he goes all in immediately, I think maybe he had a better kicker, but nope.... The turn comes 10 for my full boat. Then the river - of course - the Ace. It was really crappy, lol, I missed out on making 249.00 because he sucked me out :(

Whew, that felt good to get off my chest!!

Charles R said...

Hi EC and I hope that you'll become a regular contributor now that you've found us....
CR