Monday, February 25, 2008

RAKE

All good comments.... but I think the "TWO" most important things about the rake is:

1) FAIR - I don't believe that under most circumstances should a rake ever exceed 10% up to a maximum of $10 per hand. If you take more than that, in my opinion, you're going to kill your own game because you're going to pull out more than the average player is willing to bring to the game. There may be some exceptions to this rule due to location, facilities, food, other services provided, but they are the exception and I don't believe that I've been fortunate enough to be invited to such a game to date. Probably due to my personality disorder.

2) VISIBLE - The only game that I've been to in the area that, in my opinion, was doing it right was the game that Matt held off Chapel Hill Road that was busted, in that, the dealers accumulated what would be the rake in a side area from the pot until the hand was over and then and only then would they pull those chips into the house tray. That is a thing of beauty! No one has to wonder what or how much anyone pulled from the pot because it is done at the end of the hand and where anyone with any questions can see what is raked. What a concept!

I attend a game where there's always a question as to how much and when the rake is being extracted and all it would take is for that little side area accumulation of the chips for what will be the rake and after the hand is over, put it in the tray. I think that everyone at the table would be fine with the rake at this particular game being a little higher than the average due to the facilities, the food, the action, but the fact that no one ever really knows how much or when a rake is being pulled always creates confusion and in some cases hostility. Again, the personality disorder.

Oh well.... there's my 10% worth (not to exceed $10)....

Let the suck outs begin!

No comments: