Friday, February 29, 2008

Wild & Loose Play w/the Juice.....

I'd rather be lucky than good.... hey.... and I got my wish! Nice! One of the hands that I always try to guard against "setting up" is the hand where I flop a straight and making some huge overbet where there's a guy with the nut low -AND- the high flush or nut flush redraw. The old "free rolling" .... it definitely happens and Ron was free rolling on me in this hand....

My hand:





As is normally the case, especially late and especially when Ron is in, the Juice straddles for $30 and when it gets back to him he raises it $40 and gets 3 callers in this order, Bill T, Ron D and me. Oh... I announced that I was giving him a loose call.

However, the flop....




I guess I could have hoped for a better flop, but how likely is that.... I did get one wish though, when I checked, the Juice bets $150 and everyone smooth calls. In this particular instance, I decided to let one more card come off to make sure that the flush didn't hit. And to my surprise, the turn was somewhat friendly. Although it was a low card and meant that someone was going to get part of the pot, it still left me with the top part and since no one re-raised I felt pretty certain that I had the higher straight!
The turn:





Now, there are some instances where I am not quite certain what the Juice will do, but in this particular instance... I was hoping that he did it. Sure enough... before I can check, he bets $300. Bill T pushes all in with about $385. Ron D calls for less and I immediately push all in trying to get more of the Juice's chips into the middle. He folds and I have no idea what he had, but I am sure I would have loved to have seen it.
At any rate, with all the chips in the middle, I turn over and I am on the only with the high straight, but the hand that I was afraid of was out there... the Ace and Deuce of clubs and Ron D was holding it. Fortunately for me the river was harmless enough.....




Ron D's hand (or the part that mattered):
Ron D and Bill T were quartered with the nut low and my straight improved to 2nd nut flush and half the pot for high.
Alrighty... let the suck outs begin!

No comments: