Wednesday, July 12, 2006

2nd Best Hand Night @ Dave's!

It was one of those nights.... at least 5 times last night, I flopped or turned a boat only to have someone turn or river a better boat. Once I turned the nut flush only to be beat by a straight flush! How I got with all my private parts, I don't know!

There were a couple of hands late that I think Dave wanted me to mention ... and then choke on! We were playing $5/$10 No Limit Head's up. I had A, A and raised $25 pre-flop, Dave called. The flop was Q, 7, 5 and I bet $40, Dave re-raised $50 and I went all in and he called. I didn't see the cards, but he said that he flopped a set of sevens. I believe him. The turn was a queen and the river was (horns blaring).... my ace! Sweet! That took him down to about $35 remaining and over the next 20 minutes, he did a great job of building that up to over $200. The final big hand of the night went something like this.... I had As, 7s and Dave raised to $25 straight. I called the flop was 5h, 5s, 6d. Dave bets $40 and I call. The turn was 7h. Dave bet $75 and I called and that's when he mumbled something about me having a 5. The river was the 5d. Dave pushed all in for another $265. After a minute or two of deliberation, I called with about $225 as I just couldn't put him on a 5 or an overpair. He turned over nothing and I busted him out in the next hand when he pushed all in and I called with A, Q and the 2nd nut no pair held up.

Nice playing! I really do enjoy heads up play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charles, I just read the blog and it appears as if you forgot you are going to be playing with me tonight, hope these words do not score you to bad "ALL-IN" because you are going to hear alot of tonight against you. Your next blog will not be you taking my chips but instead me taking the pink slip to your boxter. Enjoy your afternoon and get ready for some action!!!!

Dave

Charles R said...

You really should be posting this kind of stuff on the blog site. It's really easy! Someone who knows how to go ALL IN as much as you should be able to do it with no problem whatsoever! LOL.

I'll post this one for you ....

See you tonight!

CR

CR