Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A couple of big hands.....

There were a couple of interesting hands last night and I think I saved money on one and made as much as I could make on the other. First hand was Hold 'em and I'm out of position with pocket Jacks and Rick raises the $2/$4 blinds to a straight $14. I smooth call planning to take over the betting on the flop. The flop is 10, 8, brick. I bet $27 and Rick raises to $65. After much deliberation and a little calculation, I call hoping to spike a Jack on the turn. No such luck. The turn is an Ace (JROD at work) and delivered to Rick the second card on one of two hands that I put him on, either A, 10 or pocket 10's. He leads out with a big bet and I fold and of course P-Rick doesn't show..... I think that I was beat.

The next hand was a little later in Omaha 8. I've got A, 3, 5, 6 and no one raised the blinds. The flop was 2x, 4x, 4x. Dave bets $11, I call and there are 4 other callers. The turn is a 6 giving me the nut low and a straight. Bill bets about $50 and Dave goes all-in for about $127 and I call. Bill calls. Sweet little pot and fortunately Bill made a boat and Dave was the 3rd nut low! Woo-hoo!

Hopefully we'll hear from some others who played now and have posting ability!

2 comments:

Rick said...

I raised you, so of course you were beat. You know I only bet or raise with the nuts! A good rule of thumb for you to follow is: "If Rick bets or raises, fold like a Japanese man at an origami convention."

Rick

Charles R said...

Wouldn't it be nice to have that agreement with someone.... hey, when I raise, you fold. I think the only one that I wouldn't want to do that with is ...... Dave!

Let me know if you get anybody to sign up for that one!