Monday, July 17, 2006

Sunday is now.... DONKEY-DAY

Sunday afternoon at PKR! Quite the Donkey-Fest.... the format of the tourney actually encourages it! $50/$10 Buy-in with $20/$5 rebuys through first 3 blinds with $20/$5 add-on. For the original $60, you get $3000 and anytime your chip count drops below $2000 you can re-buy within the first 3 blinds for $25 and get $2,000 more in chips. Then at the end of the re-buy period, you can add-on another $3000 in chips for $25. Yep! Donkey-fest coming at you!

I typically try.... TRY to get through the re-buy period without having to re-buy. Most of the time, I pull it off. On this particular Sunday, I get sucked out on twice and end up re-buying twice. After the second re-buy I double-up, once against Jason, who probably holds the record at PKR for the most re-buys in any one tournament AND probably the most in ALL tournaments. LOL. At any rate, he is very aggressive and raised $50/$100 blinds to $400 and I was the button and called with 10s/Js (the old Willie Nelson.... 5th of Jack and a dime bag). The flop is 4h, 9c, Qc. He bets $400 and I push all in for another $3,500. He deliberates and then calls. He turns over Ah, Ks. And as fate would have it, the river hits his king giving me the nut straight! Yee haw! I remember saying.... "So that's how it feels to suck out on somebody.... I like it!"

I ended up finishing 2nd to Scott who called my all-in when I had Js, 10s with Ac, Jh.... and no tens and no spades.... Life just isn't fair!

Charles

No comments: