Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday Night @ PKR

An interesting hand occurs.... Rick and I suck out on each other.... Dang! That doesn't sound at all as I had hoped... LOL. I've got Ah, Kh on the button and raise to $12 in a $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em hand with 3 limpers. Rick calls in the small blind with what I found out later was pocket Queens. The flop is Ks, 7h, 3h. I bet $24 and Rick calls. The turn is 7d. I bet $33 and Rick calls. The river is a Queen and I bet $45 and Rick pushes all-in for another $45 or so and I call just because there is so much in the pot and sure enough, he has hit the two outer on me.... At least when I hit my King on the flop I was drawing to 6 outs, not two....

Revenge comes a little later when I raise all-in with a flush draw to the King of spades. There is an ace on board and he calls my $199 all-in with top pair and a Queen kicker only to see my flush hit on the river.... Nice!

I also had a nice hand against Chad... a guy that I've seen there a few times but haven't really gotten to know him. I'm in the big blind and Chad is in late position and raises the $1/$2 blind to $12. I glance down at Kh, Kc and after much deliberation raise to $25 on top. He calls and we go to the flop. Apparently Chad put me on A, K cause when the flop 8 high with no pairs, I bet $45 and he pushed all-in with another $75 or so. I quickly call and he reveals pocket Queens and was just unlucky with a cold deck.

We only played till about 11 and when Rick busted out, I left as well..... Hopefully, the game will pick back up soon.

No comments: