Saturday, July 29, 2006

Must have been the right move... must have been the wrong time!

The last two weeks in a row, I've gotten pretty deep at the PKR $40/$40/$40 Tourney only to run into just bad luck late. Last week, in 7th place, I made a move with a suited Ace only to run into pocket Jacks in the little blind. This week we're down to 4 handed play and have just agreed to chop in 4th place. I have just laid down pocket 5's to a pretty big raise from JoeBob on the button. Next hand I'm the button and JoeBob limps, I have pocket 3's and push all-in. The little blind calls and turns over Kh, Ks.... and then turns a set. Fortunately, I've got him covered in chips. Next hand, I'm under than gun and find Kd, 7d which in 4 handed play is pretty good. I push all in for $12,500 (blinds are $2k, $4k). JackZ calls from the small blind with Ad, Kh. Turns an Ace and I'm out in fourth.

With this kind of luck, its probably a good thing that I didn't make the trip out to Lost Wages!

Back to the felt!

No comments: