Monday, July 31, 2006

The Perfect Player

I was watching one of the poker shows the other day, and someone described Phil Ivey as the “perfect player.” This got me thinking, if I could somehow take bits and pieces from several of the pros to build my own perfect player, what would I take, and from whom. Here’s what I came up with (in no particular order):

The patience of Howard Lederer
The heart of Carlos Mortensen
The reading ability of John Juanda or Ted Forrest
The table presence of Daniel Negreanu
The eyes of Phil Ivey
The brain of Chris Ferguson
The confidence of Mike Matusow
The experience of Doyle Brunson
The unpredictability of Layne Flack or Gus Hansen
The memory of T.J. Cloutier
The sheer aggression of Michael Mizrachi or Mark Seif
The style of Marcel Luske
The tournament skills of Phil Hellmuth
The cash game skills of Chip Reese
The overall game of Barry Greenstein
The reputation of Johnny Chan
The looks of Jessica Alba (I don’t know if she plays poker, but this is my list…)
The bankroll of Bill Gates (while we’re dreaming…)

So who makes up your perfect player?

See ya at the tables…
Rick

No comments: