Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday PKR Tourney....

I played like a real donkey today! The other thing really bad about my DONKEY moves was that a new player joined us this weekend and he had to witness them.... LOL. We got to meet George Smart as he came over and played in the tourney AND he had to witness my DONKEY moves. What a nice guy! And he's got game..... George is the Editor of the Triangle Poker Journal, a publication that I have been a regular follower of for quite some time as it always contains timely and reliable information. Here's the site.... http://www.georgesmart.com/poker He brought everyone some nice tee shirts and detailed information about his website.

At any rate, I don't know what came over me... I typically will get through the re-buy period without re-buying, but I am pretty certain that this was my record with 3 re-buys! LOL. The plays weren't really that bad.... and the hand that knocked me out of the tourney was just unlucky... I'm down to about $5,000 or so in chips and in late position with one limper, Akash with $300/$600 blinds and they are just about to go up. I look down at Ac, 4s and move all in. Randy calls from the little blind so I know he's on some sort of mid to high pair. Everyone else folds. Yep. He turns over pocket Jacks and they hold up. Akash tells me he laid down A, Q and had Randy folded and Akash called I would have won with a 4 on the flop.... LOL.

At any rate, nice playing guys and we'll see you soon.... Hopefully we'll be hearing from our friends at the WSOP as I know Joe, Mike D and et al were playing in a couple of tourneys over the past couple of days... and I really hope that at least one of them takes down some cash if not a tourney.

Be sure to check out the Triangle Poker Journal at http://www.georgesmart.com/poker

No comments: