Monday, July 17, 2006

60 Person NLHE Tourney on Saturday

I am ashamed. Truly. This tournament is only a $50 tournament, with no juice, the 'players' need their memories refreshed on how to deal the game, and no one has any idea on how to bet. I've only played in two of their monthly tournaments (don't ask me why just 2...its such a high EV that I should be there even if my dog died) and won one and chopped for more on the other.
This night started...as it should...by doubling up on the first hand. In early position, I look down at Ad-10d. I raise 3x BB and get 3 callers. Flop comes A, 10, x, rainbow. I bet out 3/4 of the pot (oh yeah its 5k in chips, 100/200 to start), and I get re-raised. Yummy. I reraise and he pushes all in. I think for a nano second and call. He's holding AK and my hand holds up.
So I'm in good shape right? Let's play some premium hands and thin the field...
2 hands later, I look down at my lucky A,10 again, this time in late position. I raise, the SB folds, and the BB calls.
Flop comes A, ,J,10 rainbow. I bet out, BB raises, I reraise and he goes all in. Now I actually think about it. There is about 4 k in the pot and its another 8 to call. I guess I should have folded, but I call thinking I have the best hand. I don't he had K,Q and flopped the nuts. FU ok?
So now I have maybe 7K left..not great not terrible.
Two hands later in the SB I look down at 8,8. A bunch of limpers and I decide to get them out of my pot, I push 2,000 into a 1200 pot and get two callers.
Flop comes Kh, 8h, 2d. Nice flop, right? FU nice flop...check, check, I go all in and they both call me?! Ahh shit, I stepped in it. One guy has K, 10, no hearts. The other guy has 6,5h.
Do I need to say what the turn is? The river doesn't pair the board, and after doubling up the first hand, I am out 20 minutes later.
I suck. I am a fish. I know it...now you know it..and Chuckie and Rickie definitely know it.

FU

Jeff, aka Sergio, aka Slick aka #1 Fish

2 comments:

Charles R said...

That's awesome dude.... I knew that you would bring color to the blog.... Welcome!

Surgesilk said...

I bring 'flava'...thats about as street as I get.

King Donk aka Jeff