Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Thank you Charles..my first post

Charles invited me to join this fine collection of poker players and their blog. I will do my best to uphold what appears to be some fine story telling of hands and evening at the poker table.

Let's start my first post off with what could easily lable me a donkey for life (sorry Rick, I was in a bad place)

As the hand unfolds I find myself, John and Rick all in the hand. It is bet up preflop and I have something like Q-9 suited. After the flop of J-10-9 I find myself open ended, John leads out and fires $50 into the pot, after much thought I call having no idea what was about to come....Ricks "ALL IN". Damn you Rick!!! I just put $50 in that pot. John folds and now I'm mad at myself for calling that $50, I could have laid it down. I try getting Rick to give me back $20 but he will have none of it. I tell him if he does not give it back I'm going to call....damnit!!! Now, Im just steaming mostly at myself for putting me in this predicament. Ricks all in as about $250 more dollars and I hold to my word and call since he won't give me back $20. Well of course the turn is the K for my straight and the river is another K for yet my straight again. Rick flopped the bottom end and I sucked out on him. Surely this put me in a new category of poker players in Ricks eyes...I moved from Fish to Donk. Will I ever reclaim my rightful name?

2 comments:

Charles R said...

Now that's the way to open your post... Nice suck out! And it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. That P-rick has sucked out on me almost as much as Dave. LOL.

At any rate, welcome and nice first post. I sent Mike an invite and I would certainly like to hear some of his wisdom as well..... Get him on here!

Charles

Rick said...

Tom, I don't want you to lose any sleep or beat yourself up about this hand. If it's any consolation, I thought your were a donkey long before then... LOL

Rick :-)