Friday, July 07, 2006

I know, let's have a spelling contest!

I'm beginning to feel like Ike Clanton in the 1993 movie "TOMBSTONE" ..... perhaps poker just isn't my game. I've been playing really good poker over the past six months, probably the best that I've ever played. I went through a 4 month stint where while playing 3-5 times per week, I probably had 3 losing nights. And the past two live nights and the last online session, I've lost. Not big losses, but I lost and I don't like losing. LOL. Let me give you some idea of how unlucky I really was.....

Last Thursday @ Dave's, no less than 6 times during the night did I get my chips in with the best hand where Dave and in one instance, Rick, was drawing almost dead only to hit their miracle 1, 2, 3 outer to take the pot down. Last week in one hand, I had Ah, 9h and the flop was 9d, 6h, 3h. I bet Dave calls. I push all-in and Dave calls and turns over the 9s, Qh. He rivers a queen.

On party poker, no limit hold'em, I flop top set with Jacks after I raised pre-flop. I bet $50 into a $45 pot and get re-raised by a girl who flopped bottom set, sevens. I push all-in, she calls and rivers the one outer, seven.

The last hand last night at Dave's. We're short-handed, 4 players, Omaha Hi-Only NO LIMIT. I have been sucker punched about 4 times already. I'm the big blind and flop two pair with a baby flush and I bet $15. Rick calls. The turn pairs another of my cards so I push all-in for $50 more with 3 pair and a flush draw. Rick calls with no pair thinking he has a shot at low. The river is an over-card, 10. It hits his pocket 10s and he drags the pot. He had no pair on the board and a wheel gut-shot needing a four. So he only had 6 outs and hit it. That's some good playing there!

But he is the suckout king!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Playing tired is almost as bad as playing drunk. Pretty bad when you don't even know what game you're playing (oh, that card gives me gin, by the way...)! LOL

Anyway, I know I made the right play because (see your 6/28 post) I dragged the pot...

Rick :-)