Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Olde One Outer....

Per Rick's request, Omaha 8 No Limit, an entire table of limpers and I find Ad, As, Jh, 7d in middle position. The flop comes Ah, Js, 7h. Check, check, check... I bet $22 into a $28 pot and there are a couple of callers. The turn is the 8h which puts a flush on the board. The river is another 8 giving me the top full house. Dean bets $130, unfortunately I've only got $110 but know that there is a good chance that Dean has hit quads. To say he's tight would be an understatement. He's tighter than Dick's hat band! At any rate, it gets around to Bill who starts mumbling about I want to call but there's a strong chance that I've got only the second best hand. To which I offer a $500 bet to him that he definitely doesn't have the second best hand. I know at this point that either Dean has Jacks full of eights -OR- and most likely quads which either me or Dean has second best hand. I was looking for some way to get back the $110 I just put in the pot. LOL. Bill asked if I were talking about high or low and I said high. Bill folds and Dean immediately proclaims, "Get the Monkey!"

Twice in the past two weeks he has hit one or two outers on me to take down a big pot! Let's see what I can do about fixing that.....

Back to the felt!

2 comments:

Rick said...

He was 989-1 to hit running eights. Normally only Charles (Master Po) would instrument a suckout of such epic proportions, so Dean (Grasshopper) has obviously learned his lessons well.

I forget what his other two cards were, did he have a low draw or flush draw to go with the eights? I can't imagine him calling the flop bet hoping to improve that little pocket pair. He probably had something like 2-3 or 2-4 to go with them, but I don't recall, I was too busy looking for the monkey! Just curious...

Rick

Charles R said...

I am pretty certain that all four of his cards in his hand were 8's...

LOL.