Friday, July 21, 2006

Every Bad Beat Story Ever Told…

The other day I was playing online in a .05 cent - .10 cent limit hold ‘em game. There are seven limpers, and when it got to me I looked down to see 8-8! I put in a raise (you know, to let everyone know where they’re at), and every one of them calls the additional .05 cents. Fools, don’t they know I have the best hand right now!

Anyway, the flop comes 2-4-7 rainbow – Yes, come to Papa!! Everyone checks to me, and I bet another .05 cents into the pot, and I get called by six players. Fools, all of them! The turn comes a 10x. Sure it’s an overcard, but I’m not worried. After all, who in their right mind would call my powerful raises with a ten in their hand?!

It gets checked to the guy on my right, who actually bets the .10 cents. This donkey can’t actually have a ten in his hand, can he? No way, he’s bluffing! I raise to .20 cents (take that, Buckwheat!).

Five people call.

WTF?! These fish really have no idea how strong I am! I’m sitting on a gold mine! Anyway, the river comes 3x – cha-CHING! Now I’m pretty sure my eights are platinum. Strangely, there is a bet, raise, re-raise and a call in front of me. These people all hate money! I cap it, and everybody calls.

One guy turns over K-10 (top pair), another has 10-7 (two pair), another has A-5 (straight), and another has 5-6 (the nuts). I can’t %#^@ believe it; I get sucked out on again! I have the best hand before aaaaand after the flop, and these Bozos do their best to donk off their money to me!

Online players suck! They have no idea how to play the game! I know, I know, you say - all I can do is bet with the best hand, I can’t control what cards come. Still, this kind of thing happens to me all the time, and it’s so just frustrating when the best player (me) gets beat EVERY TIME by people playing inferior cards!! AAAARRGGHH!!!!

I’ve had enough, I think I’m going to move up to .10 cent - .20 cent limit hold ‘em to compete with better players that are closer to my level. I hear there are much fewer bad beats there…

See ya at the tables…
Rick

2 comments:

Charles R said...

My guess is you're going to have to move all the way up to .50/1.00 to get rid of the donkeys! There's no way that they would make those kinds of calls with that kind of money pressure!

I'm right there with you! You are da' man!

Just be aware that in many cases sarcasm is not that popular in places where they cannot spell sarcasm.

Rick said...

I'm not sure I agree with you there, Bubba. Most card players probably can't spell fellatio either...