Monday, September 25, 2006

Omaha 8 $500/$50 Tourney at the USPC

Well, although Rick and I both played well in our first tourney at the USPC, we didn't cash although I got really close. We also ran into a couple of Raleigh folks and saw some well-known players. We chatted with Ben from Raleigh who we met at PKR. I also so Aycha playing the women's tourney. I'll let Rick blog some of his stories. We were in line together to buy-in and were seated at the same table, we were able to get that changed.... Since we came up together, I'd hate for one of us to be the one to knock the other one out at least in the early blinds.

There were 178 entries and first gets about $33,000. They will pay the top 18. I was seated at a pretty crazy table.... there was one guy that played every hand in the first 3 hours except for 1. He raised practically every pot and went way up in chips and then way down.... I tried to play quality hands and was able to isolate him a couple of times and basically double up. We were started with $5,000 in chips and at the dinner break I had accumulated $14,500. Yep, the wild man busted out around 4PM when I crippled him when he tried to raise my quads..... LOL. I think he said something like "I've got a boat, I can't lay it down." Sweet!

Within about 2 hands after the dinner break, I flopped and played two monsters that went runner/runner to beat me. That took me down to about $5,000 in chips. I played only good quality cards and was able to get back up to about $14,000, but when the blinds got up to $1,000/$2,000. We were down to 28 players and I got moved from the button on one table to the big blind on another table.... that really sucked! At that point, I basically had to pick a hand and go with it. I made it around one more time to my big blind with about $10,000 and was raised $2,000. I had a pocket pair and two high cards... not really exciting, but with 4 callers, for $2,000 more I might spike a set and be able to p/u about $12,000 or so. I called and spiked the set of sevens but unfortunately there were 2 low cards and a 2 to the flush. I checked and he bet, I raised and he pushed me all in for $2,000 more. He hit his low on the turn and the flush on the river..... bye bye.... only 7 places from the money.

But, I found out that I really like the Omaha 8 limit tourney and I think that it is a good one start with as you get a lot of play time for the bucks!

Well, we're off to the $300/$40 NLHE Tourney today.

2 comments:

The Juice said...

I hope this won't effect your play at the Juices. I mean playing only good hands. I think it is time for somebody to let you know Charles that we all know you only play good hands!! If you make a bluff your nose hairs begin to flutter - it is a very weird tell but a tell just as well. I thought I would let you know, either cut the nose hair or don't bluff.

The Juice

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.