Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Suck out in AC.....

The $300/$40 NLHE tourney today almost seemed like I was back home playing with guys at PKR! LOL. The first big suck out came within the first hour.... I was the big blind with $25/$50 blinds and there were 3 limpers including the small blind. I've got the 9h, 10h and almost pumped in up in the Juice's honor. But I checked in Dean's honor. The flop was the 7h, 8c, Kh. The small blind lead out with a $75 bet and I called and everyone else folded. The turn was Jc. The small blind bets $100 and I re-raise $250. He thinks for several minutes and pushes in the $250. And then it happened.... in Jarod's honor, the prick dealer paired the board. The 8h! The small blind checked and I checked. Yep. He turned over 8's full of 7's. How screwed is that! Well, wait till you hear the one that knocks me out of the tourney.

It was just after the second break and I've been up and down and the blinds are going up pretty fast or at least it seems so.... I am in late position and raise $200/$400 blinds to $1,000 with Ac, 10c. There are two callers. The flop was the Ah, 10s, 9d. Two guys check in front of me but I've got a pretty good read on the button and it looks as if he is wanting to bet so I just bet.... He bets $1,000 and I, in proper order, re-raise all-in. He immediately calls as he has me covered by about $100..... He turns over Jd, 10d...... You just don't get more dominated than I had him. He hits runner/runner Jacks! Bye, bye.... but off to the cash game!

I did pretty well. There was a guy there that was hemorrhaging cash! This oriental kid sat down beside him and about 45 minutes later cashed out for about $3,000. I doubled through him twice. Once was with a pair of 8's when he made a crazy raise on the turn when there were two over cards on the board! LOL. I had a lot of outs even if I was behind with a gut shot and a flush draw, but it was a $300 raise. Yee haw!

After dinner I went back to the table and they wouldn't let me buy back in for what I had left the table with .... asses. I only took my chips with me because two of the guys had already capped their chips and if I capped mine, there would basicaly be 5-6 players left so I opted to take them with me. At any rate, within about 3 hands, I hit pocket aces and raise from mid-position to $30 over two limpers. Then this really nice guy raises me another $55 to which I promply raise another $255. He calls after much deliberation..... the flop has two connectors and a brick and rather than fart around, I decide to git-r-done and go all-in with another $150ish. He calls and my aces hold up. So although I didn't place in any tourney today, I did win back enough to cover my entry fees for both tourneys that I have played in so far.

There were about 350 players in today's tourney and none other than Minh Nguyen finished in 2nd.... the top three chopped. His brother won. LOL. U2 Nguyer. Check the spelling....

At any rate, Tuesday is the $500/$50 NLHE tournament and I plan to cash!

No comments: