Saturday, September 09, 2006

PL O/8 @ PKR

The quest for a regular Friday night PL Omaha game at PKR commences....

Finally... Cashed out on the plus side. After some debacles at you-know-where, it's nice for a change. Maybe it's PL vs NL. Who ever heard of NL O8 anyway? Maybe it's the competition... people who actually fold ;) Anyway, were there any big hands to report? Buy in $200, whittle it down to about $100-125, and get all my chips in calling Cash-Akash (I think, like Joe, we'll call him AhCash... which sounds like someone sneezing chips... which, well, is what he sounds like sometimes :) when I had a monster draw and Rick calls too. Triple up. Then hit a couple medium pots and a couple biggies in a row. The only one that really stands out is the one with Rick. Limped of course preflop. Flop JJ7, and I had J7xx. Rick pots the flop, I just call... frankly because I didn't remember I had the 7 to go with my Jack. I'm one of those guys that looks at his cards a few times preflop, and I don't necessarily memorize them (not that it's that hard), but categorize them instead, so I try not to have to look back during the hand so I can watch the action. Well, sometimes that means I miss the cards that don't seem to go together, and in a case like this I'd look back. But I didn't until after I called... who knows. Anyway, I was praying for an undercard to the 7, and wham-o... a 6 hits the turn. Rick pots again for like $140(?), and I take the opportunity to reraise the pot something like $320 more. Woulda been nicer if I got a call (river was a blank), but hey, a rub and tug from Jessica Alba would be nice too...

Building up that bankroll so I can get back in that big game... I'll be back...

1 comment:

Rick said...

That was a nice hand for you! Luckily I'm able to lay down a big hand, as I did there (A-K-Q-J). You made a nice play not re-raising me on the flop, as it got an extra bet out of me. I was hoping you either had a dry jack or that I could bet you off of pocket sevens. At any rate, I was able to keep the damage to a minimum, and cash out well into four figures.

Hopefully we'll get enough players out there on Fridays on a regular basis to support this game. It's 1-3 Pot Limit Omaha, dealer's choice between high only or high-low (8 or better). We had a few action players out there, and we had many nice-sized pots! While I love Hold 'Em, Omaha is definitely the game if you like action, and like to be involved in a lot of pots. Come on out on Fridays and try your luck!

If you haven't played much (or any) Omaha, don't be afraid! It's very similar to Hold 'Em, and won't take long to learn. Read an article or two, read a book, go online, whatever...then get out there and practice! I learned to play less than a year ago, and I find myself playing it 90% of the time when it's my button. Whether you like action, or (like myself) just like money, this is the game for you!

Rick :-)