Thursday, September 14, 2006

Unbreak My Heart…

Dave, how could you? After all this time together, after all we’ve been through. After all the energy I’ve invested in our relationship. I thought we had something special, I thought we were a team.

I thought we were exclusive.

Words cannot express my hurt and disappointment. It’s as if someone has kicked me in the groin, then reached inside of me and ripped my guts out. I find myself walking around in circles, not knowing which way to turn next. Food has no taste anymore. Jessica Alba is beginning to look like my kid brother.

Don’t pretend that you don’t know what you did; you know it all too well! Hell, you even had the audacity to do it right in front of me! Yes, that’s right you cad. You gave your entire stack of chips to someone else!

You promised those chips to me. Now I know that your words are just that. Words. They, like Tara Reid’s celebrity, have no meaning. Do you have any concept of what that does to me? It means I will have to wait at least another week before I can purchase that new BMW. Do you have any idea what it’s like driving around town in a 1995 Camry? Well, do you?! Try to take a step back and see things from my perspective for once, you selfish bastard.

As for me, even though I’m in a lot of pain right now, I’m willing to give it another chance. I won’t lie, however. It will take some time for you to gain back my trust, which you so haphazardly tore asunder. I will swallow my pride, and will be there next Tuesday night as usual. And if you ever felt anything for me, you will start pushing your chips my way early, and often.

Then, and only then, can the healing begin…

Rick

2 comments:

Charles R said...

Dave! Dave! Dave! If you don't play, there's definitely less action.... but we're not telling you any secret, you know that... you are an action junkie! And just as a point of order, you DO have a Dollar for everytime you were up in the chip stack and said you have to go and actually left that you would have all the money that Rick and I have ever won! LOL. And, for the record, I'll side bet you right now that you won't leave the next time that you have a towering stack as you did the last two Tuesdays.... first of all, the planet alignment required for such a feat isn't schedule until the next millenium....

I'm all in!

Rick said...

Gee Dave, sounds an awful lot like that "pussy belly-aching" you talk so much about. I'll send you a sympathy e-card if it'll make you feel better. Maybe I can find one with a nice poem and a pretty flower...

Rick :-)