Friday, September 22, 2006

Thursday Night Dosage

Rather surprised I'm the first to comment. I figure Charles would have whined that he only cashed out $2K, or Jizz would have blogged that... uh, what am I thinking?

First, it was finally time that I pulled a few hands out of the bag. Funny thing, of all the hands I remember, only a couple involve me. I remember HoldEm between Cory, Dave, and Bill, with a flop of As9sXs, in which Dave bets a sizeable amount ($40?), Bill calls, and Cory pushes about $150-200 more. In a surprising move, and probably the only time you'll ever hear me say this, the Jizz folds 99, a hand I probably couldn't have gotten away from ($150 more was laying him about 2:1 pot odds, almost the same as hitting his outs). Bill.... uh.... Bill..... uh.... Bill.... uh... clock!... well... I'll tell you what Bill did.... in... a.... minute.... Bill folds a flush. Either Q or J high flush. Another hand I can't fold for $150 more. Cory swears he had K-flush, but he mucked it like he was a vampire holding a cross. Of course J-Rod runs it out and runner-runner's what would have given Bill the straight flush. One thing our esteemed dealer is not, besides tan, is a bricklaying sort.

I do remember being terrified a few times, once when Rick, Charles, and I all flop the nut straight in O8, and the turn puts a couple more draws out there, and Rick is freerolling. Thank you J-Rod for throwing a brick. And of course my AA against Davey Boy's JTs with a flop of 89T. That got the night rolling.

No comments: