Friday, September 22, 2006

Thursday night & the Juice....

What a night! There were several hands that warrant some blog time.... I was really hoping that the JUICE would have already blogged to put his warped view of the world on the happenings....

Probably the first hand of any significance was flopping the nut low and the nut flush draw in Omaha 8 in a hand with Corey and Bill.... sorry dudes! You kind of ran into that one..... hard to believe that with J-rod dealing the flush got there. Corey pushed and then went all-in and got quartered. Unfortunately J-rod "assumed" that everyone was all-in and just ran out the board without giving me a chance to bet at Bill. He had about 300 in front of him and I believe that I would have gotten all of it.

I was helping Dave set up his new ipod and spent quite a bit of the first couple of hours getting that straightened out. I did come back from working on it once and sat down in the Omaha 8 big blind with no raises to discover 9, 10, 10, Q. There were no raises and the flop hit me like it meant it. The flop was 9, 9, 8. I started to slow play it, but I thought that my 9 was probably good so I lead out with 100 bet into the 40ish pot. Phil calls and everyone else folds. The turn was J.... I still felt very good about the hand so I bet another 100 and Phil pushed all-in for another 127 or so. I call.... he turns over 9, 5, 5, 2 and of course J-rod hits his 5 outer on the river by tossing him a 2.... What a card!

One of the other big hands was with the Juice.... I cannot tell you my cards as I determined last night to show it. At any rate, the flop was A, A, 9 and I'm in late position. Dave bets 50ish and I call. The turn as a 2 and Dave bets 75 and I raise to 160, he calls. The river is a 3. Dave checks and I bet 350.... he mumbles something about his panties irritating his skin, that he has A, 9 but only 5, 6 for low so he's going to fold. Yeah... right! If he had A, 9, 5, 6 you couldn't get him out that hand with C-4. At any rate, he folds.

Now I'm going to PKR tonight to check out the Omaha 8 or Omaha high only 1/3 game. I plan on playing in the PKR 40/40/40 tournament tomorrow before Rick and I head out to Atlantic City!

Back to the felt!

No comments: