Saturday, September 30, 2006

Thursday in Atlantic City

I played the $500+$50 event at the USPC and caught some cards early that were drawn out as the hands played out so I had to make a stand and just made it at the wrong time. Out before the first break! Wee!

Off to the cash games.... we went over to the Borgata and man, what a difference! At the Taj, we were running into the same players every day. And a couple of them, we thought might have been doing a little collusion. Not certain, but it was definitely borderline. Over at the Borgata, it was an entirely different scene.... first of all, it is HUGE! Probably 4 times the size of the poker room at the Taj, clean, larger tables, larger... more comfortable seats, prettier wattresses..... and literally hundreds of players. I did very well in the cash game and we decided that night before we left that we probaby were not going to play in the $1,000+$80 event at the Taj, but come back to the Borgata or try some other games.

Probably the biggest hand that I played Thursday night was at a pretty aggressive table where I woke up with pocket Queens..... There was a small raise in front of me so I pumped up again from the $2/$5 blinds and the raise to $20 to $50 just to see if I was ahead..... There were four callers..... The flop was kind of sweet..... Qc, Js, 6h.... The small blind who started the pre-flop betting thought that he liked the flop so he lead out with a $60 bet..... There's a caller and there are two people behind me who have already counted out their call.... LOL. I debate about slow play, take it now and decided to slow play.... I call and the other two call as well. I had hoped someone would get a little crazy and re-raise, but no such luck. The turn was a Kd, not my favorite card, someone could have hit an open ended on the flop or even played the A, 10 but I didn't really think so..... The small blind checks so I put a bet out to see where I am..... $125. Two callers... oh crap! The river..... the case Queen. I've got these guys both covered so I push all-in and the girl immediately calls with her nut straight, A, 10..... Sweet!

I love the Borgata! We'll be back!

No comments: