Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Poker with the Juice!

Well, it was an unbelievable night at Dave's..... I forget sometimes.... specifically against a couple of players that I must FORGET friendships and focus on the cold-blooded, merciless aspect of the game of poker. Two different times last night I played soft to "be kind" only to have the guy that I was being kind to.... hit his card and then bet at me. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, and this time I mean it.... the gloves are off and if you happen to step in front of me when I am trying to protect a strong, but vulnerable hand..... look out, it's coming! LOL.

The good news as far as last night is concerned for me anyways that I played pretty solid other than the couple of instances that I played soft and I'll tell you about the last big hand for me of the night.....

We've pretty much sent all the "weaker" of the group to the rail mumbling something about work on Wednesday, when, in late position, I wake up to As, Qs.... one of my favorite hands! At any rate, the Juice is to my right and raises the 2/4 blinds to 23.... I smooth call. Jeff folds and John in the big blind goes all-in for another 177.... he had just bought back in for 200 I believe. Rick folds (his first time of the night), Dave calls and I call. The flop is something like 2s, 4c, 7d and Dave leads out with 102. I call and the side pot gets started. The turn is the 3s which puts me on a straight draw and a flush draw. Dave bets another 102 and I call. The river is the Js and Dave bets 400 but unfortunately I only have another 102 but gladly put it in as I proclaim.... "the stone-cold nuts!"

That was definitely my biggest pot of the night with about 1200 or so in it.... It helped me get back to even and actually a little up for the night! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

The Juice said...

I guess if you're blogging a hand that was very average, such as AQs, against the Juice, who often goes all in with a far superior hand, such as 4c9s, against pocket aces or pocket kings knowingly and wins (a bloggable hand)- then "Weakness" is your middle name. Step up to the plate with some appetizing blogs.
The Juice