Saturday, June 23, 2007

Cary O8 Pot Limit

Well, the Juice would probably argue the point, but I do believe that I am trainable. After showing up minutes late the past couple of weeks for the PL O8 game in Cary, I decided to be one of the first there. I arrived just a few minutes before 7PM and was second only to Tom. I was hoping to get the center seat at the table as I believe that I can see the cards better when I am not constantly looking through and around my glasses to see the cards. I'm near sighted so sitting close is a good thing. I did make a call last night believing that I had the nut heart flush draw when there was a heart and a diamond on the flop. Nice!

There was a period of about 45 minutes when the board was hitting me like crazy.... unfortunately I wasn't in all of the hands. LOL. In one hand, I folded pre-flop to an Ellie re-raise on his straddle when I had the Ah, Qh, Kc, 9c... the flop was Ac, 10h, 7h. The turn the Jc and the river would have given the nut flush in hearts. Wow!

One of the big pots of the night for me came on another Ellie pre-flop raise of about $90. Before the flop there was $560 in the pot... I've got the Ah, Qs, 2s, Kh and the flop was Jh, 10h, 7c. I didn't have anything but monster draws so I checked hoping that someone behind me would bet, but unfortunately it didn't work. It checked all the way around. The turn was 5s and I couldn't wait any longer.... armed only with hellacious (sp.) draws I potted it and got 2 callers. I'm pretty certain that there were only like 2 cards in the deck that didn't hit me... The river completed my wrap and I scooped the pot.

There were several hands where I had 4 wheel cards, sometimes paired, sometimes double-suited, only to see the flop of J, J, 10 or something like it. Probably my best pre-flop drawing hand ended up being a mis-deal, AA35 double suited and Chuck didn't stop at 4 cards and apparently Stone didn't like the first four he saw so he went ahead and looked at the 5th card and we had to re-deal. There were 2 other guys with 4 wheel cards but not quite as good as mine..... I would have loved to seen that flop!

We kept a full table till around 1:30 when some busted out and one went to re-load and while he was gone, the game broke. I cashed out for a tidy profit and headed up and ended up watching a movie till 4 in the morning.

Rick headed out to Vegas this a.m. and I have great expectations for him. Not only is he playing some great poker, but he continues to have a good run of cards going. That is a very tough combination to beat! So, look out Vegas... life as you know it, is over.

Tonight.... Juice Part II.

No comments: