Sunday, June 03, 2007

Short-handed O8

Last night at the Juice's was very short-handed... as a matter of fact, it was 3-handed! Me, Rick and Elvie! LOL. We started around 8:30 or so and were done by 11:00PM. Must be some kind of record! At any rate, I hit quads twice and got no action. Which reminds me, I need to go find a replacement monkey. The one that we've been using to announce quads, well, he's in worst physical condition than I am! LOL.

The biggest pot of the night came around 10:45 or so. We're playing $5/$5 O8 NO LIMIT and Rick had straddled for $20. When it gets back to him, he raises it $50. I'm a little frustrated having been pushed off a couple of big hands by all-ins after having the flopped the nuts and the board either pairing or flushing on the river. Nice! At any rate, I had 2c, 3c, 8s, Ks and decided to play along. So did Elvie.

The flop was beautiful... Ax, 6x, 8x, giving me the nut low and a pair so why not push. I'm all-in for an additional $330 and everyone calls including the Juice who dialed in from Vegas! LOL. He still owes me the $400 for the pot, but as I understand it, he can afford it as he is doing great in Vegas. He is playing in the WSOP $1500 buy-in No Limit Hold'em event and as of last night around 11 had multiplied his $3,000 original chip stack to well over $30K! And he hit $21K in a $30 slot! Nice!

The turn and the river... a 7x and another 8x. Of course my 2x, 3x held up for low and the trip 8's gave me the scooper. Although there was a little drama when Elvie announced that he had a straight but didn't and Rick and Elvie chopped the side-pot when Elvie turned two pair to beat the two pair which Rick flopped, but Rick had a low.

So, we played one or two more hands and Elvie busted out and Rick and I decided to call it a night.

Back to the felt and good luck to the Juice in Vegas for a few more days and I'm certain that this is one trip which we can only hope that "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"

No comments: