Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Local Boy Does Good.... John Shirk

Congratulations to John Shirk of Raleigh. John cashed in Event #42, Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Lo Split 8 or Better. I don't have all the specifics at this time, but he was knocked out late Tuesday night/Wednesday morning in 40-something position. I'll update this post as soon as I get the final details.

The $1500 Buy-in event that begain on June 25 attracted 687 players who ponied up to splash around with some of the best poker players in the world. This event attracted a lot of them as Omaha 8 is still new to most players and the small field meant that there would be a better than normal opportunity to snag a bracelet.

Total prize money was just under $940K!

I've spent the past hour or so trying to find the article on PokerListings.com that talks of John being sandwiched between two of poker's best. I'll bring it in when I find it.....

Again, congratulations John! Nice going!

No comments: