Saturday, June 02, 2007

Late Night O8 Pot Limit with JC

Another wild and wooly night with JC and Pot Limit O8... We had a full table for quite some time and Elvie and Ed were both hot early. Ed slow played an Aces full of Jacks flop when the board came Ax, Jx, Jx and I bet out with my loan Jack and lots of paint and took a nice pot from me.... the way he played it, he had me completely fooled. I thought that he had hit a 6 on the turn to give him either J's full of sixes or sixes full of Jacks. No such luck, when he turned over the Aces, I had to hit the one and only remaining Jack to take the pot.... dang! That's a Rick move that I haven't mastered as of yet.... I'm working on it!

There were several very interesting hands and one that I hope either Elvie or Rick will blog where Rick potted every chance he had all the way to the river with absolutely nothing.... Sheriff Elvie looked him all the way down with nothing but running cards to the low and they chopped it with Rick taking the high hand with 8 high! LOL. Sweet! Dave, you would have been proud!

One of the last hands of the morning for me came around 3AM when I found this hand....




There was a $20 straddle and five of us went to the flop.... me, Elvie, Rick, Mike D and Ellie... and what a flop it was.....

Rick is used to getting a flop to hit him like this.... it's still very new to me! Four to the nut flush and two to the nut low.... I'm in early position and I check hoping that someone will lead out with a bet. Elvie checks behind me and Rick bets the pot.... Dang! He's been running so well against me that I decide not to re-raise and Elvie and I smooth call the $100 bet.
The turn..... oh my!



I lead out with a pot sized bet of $400 and Elvie calls all-in with about $330. Rick.... folds! What was he thinking.... he knows that he is always going to hit his card against me. Just like the juice!
The river.... yuck!
Elvie turned over two cards that I don't remember and a baby flush and a good low, but not quite good enough.... and I scoop the pot....
Elvie's hand (what I can remember)
All-in-all... one of the most fun nights of poker I had in a long time..... there was some excellent play all-around and I probably made the most bad calls and poor-timing of raises that I've done in a while, but it was just a fun night! There were definitely some suck-outs going on... Rick busted Brenden (sp?) about 2AM. If I remember correctly Rick and I flopped an open ended straight with a K, 3, 6 flop... and Brenden slow-played a set of Kings. (But Brenden, you didn't have to slow play Rick.... you couldn't have gotten him out of the hand with a hand gun.) I believe that Brenden check-raised the flop to $200 and Rick smooth called and all the chips were in on the turn.... the 6 came and gave Rick the nuts... who would have thunk it?
I left Rick, Mike D and Ellie playing $5/$10.... they're probably still there!
Off to poker with the Juice.... Saturday night poker! Whee!

No comments: