Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Juice loves me.... he loves me not!

Much to his dismay..... and Rick's I might add, the Juice and I got tied up in a couple of big pots last evening and I ended up taking all his chips two different times. There have been a couple of times over the past year when the Juice has stated that he would rather be gang raped in front of his family than to give me any of his chips. And, just for the record, I would be more than happy to surrender all the chips that I've ever won to be able to witness that act..... Any takers? Oh, and the reason Rick doesn't like seeing the Juice give any of his chips to me or anyone else for that matter is that Rick has this relationship with the Juice where the Juice begins his aggressive play early and accumulates a mountain of chips and then at several points during the evening he somehow manages to give them all to Rick! So, I don't believe that Rick would be upset about any particular person taking the Juice's chips except that means that he didn't take them. LOL.

We got off to a little bit of a late start and were a little short-handed for an hour or so and the Juice was on a rampage. I actually arrived after the game had begun and he had already doubled up at least once in just a few hands. Within an hour or so the steaks were about ready and I must say that they were absolutely awesome! We have been eating special meals prepared by a lady that does a great job, but we have just been missing the steaks! And they were unbelievable! He had seasoned them perfectly and they were of size that almost prevented you from being able to put any sides on your plate. You almost had to pile the sides on top of the steaks! They definitely have been sorely missed and they were delicious! At any rate, there was some joke about the Juice busting out before the dinner break and I delivered the crushing blow just as the meal was about prepared. I'm in middle position with the Juice to my right and he has straddled the O8 $5/$10 Blind for about $40 and there are about 5-6 callers. I limped along with the gang and if I remember correctly he bumped it up when it got back to him about $100 or so. Although I would have preferred to have a decent low draw in that position, I decided to play along and hope for luck with Qd, Qh, 9d, 9s and wham!!!!! the flop was Q, 4, 4! And as unbelievable as it may sound before it got to me, Rick checked, Bill T bet $30, the Juice raised it to $100. I re-raised another $250 and Bill T called as he had less than $250 and was getting a discount. Dave pushed all-in and I immediately called. Both Bill T and the Juice had a 4 and when the turn was another high card were both drawing dead! Not the biggest of the night, but about $1700 pot and we were ready to eat.

There were a couple of other big hands for me but I am actually having computer problems tonight and I am blogging from my son's laptop. It's OK, but I was wanting to utilize the card images to let you see the hands instead of just hearing about them. So I'll just blog another one where I scooped the Juice's chips. HeeHee. I'm in middle position with As, 6s, 2h, Qh and the Juice straddles and then raises to about $100 pre-flop. I smooth call along with everyone at the table and 2 pedestrians on Capital Boulevard. The flop 3d, 8s, Jh (I believe) and the Juice leads out with $75 bet and there are about 4 callers. The turn was a beautiful low spade (the 5s) giving me the nut low (with a back-up strategy), a gut-shot wheel draw and the nut flush draw so when the Juice pushed with a $200 bet, I raised it to $600 which was enough to put Bill T all-in and at least make the Juice think about it a little, but he didn't. He pushed all-in and I called and the river was a 4 giving me the wheel and another very nice scooper!

Unfortunately because of late night play in Cary on Friday night/Saturday morning, I was worn out and had already made a call of a $200 bet from Elvie thinking that my low might be good when there wasn't a low on the board. Nice! Brain-dead me! So I played a couple more rounds and cashed out with very nice total!

Here's to the Juice for preparing the steaks for us! They are the best!

Back to the felt!

3 comments:

The Juice said...

I think that you may want to have rick write your stories to ensure that the facts remain the facts!! I was calling all in on the blind from the kitchen like a man!!!!!!!
How can you brag about that kind of a win? It's like winning at hopscotch!!!

The Juice

Rick said...

Charles playing hopscotch... Thanks Dave - I could have gone all day without that visual.

Charles R said...

Dave, you're much more dangerous when you haven't looked, but I don't think that is quite the way that it worked out. And I wonder if that man in the kitchen would "check it down".... I don't think so. That takes a real man, doesn't it....