Saturday, June 09, 2007

O8 Cary Pot Limit

Back to Cary last night, but got there too late... full table before 8pm. Still not certain that I agree with the house about limiting the table to just 9 players, but it is the house. I respect the rules, I just don't have to like it. I guess we could start a discussion. My position is that there are enough cards and why should you make someone wait and not be able to play if there are enough cards, the table is big enough? JC's position (and mine in parenthesis) is I believe two-fold: 1) it slows down play (not certain that I buy it, there are a couple of players who slow down the play.... make THEM speed up); 2) available cards.... (as long as there is not a mechanic dealing... please? the cards are random and whatever is going to come is random, who cares?) Well, let me know your thoughts on it.

I arrived shortly after 8 and there was a full table and 1 player waiting. Just about 20 minutes in, I got a call from the family stating that there was a waiting list at the hockey rink and they were heading back home so I went back home and watched a movie with the family.... BIG! Haven't seen that in a long time and it was great! I still Elizabeth Perkins is hot. LOL.

Shortly after the movie was over, I headed back to Cary and when I arrived there was only one guy waiting in front of me at around midnight. Bill $$$... very nice guy that I'd met in Benson prior. At any rate, it wasn't long before Frank showed up and it was nearly 2AM before I got a seat at the table. Akash was hot... probably with about $3500 in front of him. There were a couple of others with nice stacks including one guy that Joe called and Ed and everyone else seemed to be calling Chad... oh well! We'll just call him..... Ched. LOL.

I only got hooked up in a couple of hands and I'll bet Frank is still mumbling about it..... I've got 2s, 3d, 5d, 8d and there was a $15 straddle. The flop was 2c, 4c, 6d and being in early position, I checked hoping that someone would push. I believe that Brendan opened with about a $25 bet, Superplaya (I think) just smooth called and Tom pushed all-in for about $65. Akash calls, Frank calls and it folds to me. I pot it and everyone folds except Tom who is all-in. He turns over top and bottom pair and my straight holds up.... the Ace came and actually gave me the wheel. Frank would have made a higher straight.

The next big hand..... I didn't know how lucky I was. In late position with Ac, 4c, 5d, 7s and the flop was 2x, 3x, 7x. It checks completely around and the turn is a queen. Brendan leads out with a $25 bet and Superplaya calls. I raise it up $75 and Brendan quickly calls. Superplaya folds. The river is a 5 giving me the wheel but there is a higher straight on the board for the high hand. Brendan bets pot and I quickly call. We both had Ax, 4x, but he had two pair.... Queens and deuces. He had me quartered until the river gave us both the wheel. Whee! Nice playing! I thought that my nut low with a backup was ahead, but I got saved on the river.....

We didn't play much longer and I cashed out ahead, but not much. I'll either be there before 8pm or not going in the future. I ended up waiting almost 4 hours.... about 3 of them first in line for a 9-handed game. Oh well.... house rules!

No comments: