Sunday, June 17, 2007

North Carolina Poker Players

Hey all, I'm a long time reader, and decided to start posting. Some of you know me as Hopper, and if you don't, it's because I've been gone for over a month now and am suffering from extreme poker withdrawal. Either way, continuous checking of cardplayer.com showed me something interesting........Event 8 of the WSOP (NLHE $1000+rebuy) results:
Michael Gracz 6th
Jason Strasser 12th
Mark Newhouse 18th

and in a strange coincedence, Tommy Vu placed 2nd....unfortunately this wasn't Raleigh's own Tommy Vu, but actually Tuan "Tommy" Vu. Either way, just between Gracz, Newhouse, and Strasser, we have Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Durham well represented. When the Triangle places 1/6th of the final two tables, you know the competition must be tough here! Enjoy the games gentlemen, and please keep blogging so I can live vicariously through your bad beats and scooped pots!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hop,

Aloha from the best player you know who hasn't played in the wsop yet but who will be rich once he does.....


Bald, I mean shaved, guy.

BT- Durham.

Chris said...

Ahha, the best bald, non-WSOP player I know....that's a short list. Hope all is well back in the Triangle, I didn't know that you were a reader of this too! Shoot me an email at cmh34@duke.edu to catch up.