Thursday, June 21, 2007

WSOP Trip - Day 1

Played my first tourney today. It was relatively uneventful I'm afriad. I played about 5 hours and picked up one good starting hand (KK) which I only won a small pot with. Eventually the blinds were getting big (200/400) and my stack was getting small (5kish). The big stack raised from MP and I looked down at AQsuited and decided to push all in. A girl behind me (who I had recently discovered was the wife of professional poker player Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi") went all in as well (she had me covered). The original raiser folded and she turned over pocket Aces. Great timing Derek! And that was the end of my day.

The $500 buy in tourney is tomorrow...so hopefully I'll get a better run of cards.

1 comment:

Charles R said...

Good luck and thanks for keeping us updated!