Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Juice O8

Another spicy night of No Limit Omaha 8 but ... no Juice! What's up with that? As is usually the case, the room is quieter and the pots are smaller without the Juice.... but as I understand it, something that happened in Vegas didn't stay in Vegas. J-Rod said it was some sort of stomach virus. That's was 4-5 days with no sleep and non-stop alcohol will do to you.

There were only a few big hands for me, Tom J made a pre-flop raise with pocket Aces and a deuce and ended up doubling through me in a very well-played hand. Elvie bet me out of the pot 3-4 times when I would have won the high, if not scooped the pot. That's just good poker! Nice going guys.....

I did have one nice little scooper against Rick when I was holding the Ah, 6h, 9d, 8d. It seems as if there was a pre-flop $20 straddle or so and the flop was 8h, 9h, 3c, 4s (I think). Rick led out with a pot sized bet and I smooth called. The turn was a low brick and Rick apparently thought that I was on a decent low and when I checked, he checked. The river was another 9 and I led out with a $150 bet and Rick, having put me on the low, called with just a 9 and I scooped with 9's full of 8's and a shabby low.

I believe Ellie won big and so did Tom... nice playing guys!

Back to the felt!

No comments: