Thursday, June 14, 2007

Juicy O8 with no J-Rod

By now you have probably surmised that we lost our dealer over the weekend.... probably to some random rant by our friendly neighborhood Juice! But the old saying still works, "the boss may not always be right, but he is always the boss!" So Tuesday we tee'd it up with our team of regulars with a couple of noticeable absentee's - for most of the night, it was Ellie, Rick, Dean, John M, me, Elvie and Jim L - the Juice was present but he was dealing. That doesn't hardly seem right... although he did a memorable job, making only one or two small errors but definitely controlling the table. Then there was that one instance....



There were a several big hands during the night but, fortunately or unfortunately, I managed to stay clear of the big pots. I have been working on my table manners and there were only a couple of times last evening when I just couldn't contain it anymore... fortunately I didn't lose any limbs. LOL. No pun intended. Elvie and I got hooked up for all his chips several times and I think he was quartered all three times. So although I didn't have a huge stack, I did stay ahead all night long. Probably the one hand that the Juice could have used his dealing skills to really make a hand for me was against Rick. I believe that I was in middle position and Rick was one of the blinds. I limped hoping that someone would raise as I held Ac, Ad, 3c, 3d... not spectacular but I really liked it. The flop was good..... Kc, Jc, 8x. Rick led out with a pot sized bet of about $75. I quickly called with my nut flush draw and Elvie called right behind me and everyone else folded. I thought that Rick probably flopped a set. I'm pretty sure that everyone could hear my thought transmission to the dealer.... deuce of clubs... please! He tried.... delivering the 2d. Now I've got nut flush draw and nut low draw. Rick led out with a $150 bet and I almost pushed, but I smooth called thinking that I wanted Elvie to play too. I haven't run the numbers yet, but I believe I had around 84 outs. Any low card that doesn't pair the board other than the Ace or the three gives me the nut low. Any club that doesn't pair the board gives me nut flush. I was also thinking that if by chance I did hit an Ace that the set of Aces would be good. Yep.... 84 outs. Elvie called and the river was do-nothing 10x. It was enough of a scare card that Rick could no longer bet and turned over his set of 8's and scooped a very nice pot.



I didn't stay much longer after that and headed for home with decent profit for the night!



Back to the felt!

No comments: