Sunday, August 13, 2006

Big Hands on the Boat!

There were a couple of very "sweet" hands on the boat that warrant mentioning..... none would probably work as well anywhere but in "donkeydom"......

At any rate, I'm in the big blind and the entire table limps. It's against my nature to permit that even in a limit game so after trying to get the UTG guy to straddle unsuccessfully, I bump it up $2 with the 4d, 5d. Everyone calls... LOL. The flop is 5h, 5s, 4c...... Sweet! I love it when that happens. At any rate, the small blind checks and of course I bet and there are 7 callers. The turn is a 9c. The small blind checks and I bet $4..... whee! There are a couple of callers and a particularly annoying guy raises me from late position. There's one caller and the small blind folds so I call and the other guys call as well. The river is the 2c so I lead out with a $4 bet and one of the original callers raises. The original raiser in late position raises and I re-raise. The guy in late position (the annoying one) re-raises the capper and all call. The annoying guy hit his gut shot wheel turning over the Ah, 3c. The other raiser hit his flush and I took down one of the biggest pots of the day with the boat, 5's full of 4's.

The other hand where I got some action happened at the same sitting about an hour later..... I am on the button and have pocket 4's. I normally don't raise a lot pre-flop with small pocket pairs, but this is limit! At any rate, everyone calls and the flop comes 9h, 7c, 4s.... Whee! The big blind bets and there are a couple of callers and I raise to $4. The big blind and all the other donkeys call. The turn is case 4c! The big blind bets and a couple callers and I re-raise and all call. As the dealers is flipping the river, I am certain that there has to be someone at the table who can hear me "willing" an ACE to hit and sure enough.... the Ace of clubs hits! The big blind bets and there are 2 re-raises before it gets to me..... LOL. So I could have capped it, but I thought that it would make a better blog to let them cap it for me and sure enough, they did! There was a 9's full of 4's full house... he came in 2nd! A 10 high flush, he came in 3rd and Ah, Qc two pair that received honorable mention.... but I dragged the pot with my quads! And I couldn't believe it but none of them had never heard ..... "Get the Monkey!" before.... LOL.

I know, Rick, I sucked out on the guy with the 9's full..... What would you have done?

1 comment:

Rick said...

Betting into the nuts, then spiking the one-outer for the ultimate suckout; now that sounds like the Charles we all know and lo...well, we all know. If it were me in the hand, by the way, the guy would have hit his fourth nine on the river...

Rick :-)