Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Get the monkey night @ Dave's!

I'm going to let some of the guys post their own stories, Elvie, the JUICE.... get busy! Let me give you a quick overview of the hands that were going around the table last night..... 2 different ROYAL FLUSHES! Aces full of Queens beaten by QUAD QUEENS! And in Omaha 8, a straight flush Ah, 2h, 3h, 4h, 5h!

There were a couple of big hands for me.... one of our newest players, natediggity, took another big hit from one of them.... No Limit Hold'em, 2/4 blinds, if I remember correctly, I was in the big blind and natediggity raised the pot to 18, I re-raised 30 more, he re-raised to 100, I re-raised all-in for another 250 and he immediately calls. I've AA and he has KK. The door card was a King, but the Ace was right behind it. And I dodged his one outer.....

Another sweet hand was I was in the big blind in Omaha 8. I've got the 6h, 8h, 7c, 7d and the flop was 5h, 7c, 9d. I bet 18 and got 3 callers.... The turn was Qc and I bet 29 and had 2 callers. The river was the 5d. I bet $65 and everyone folded.

And of course the Juice put me to the test after his 2 1/2 hour siesta.... right! We're playing hold'em and I have Kh, Jc and in late position. I call and Jeffrey bets 12 more.... the Juice and I call. The flop is the Jh, 7d, 4d. I've soft played Jeff a couple of times already and let him catch up and take the pot away from me. He leads out with an 18 bet and Dave calls. I make 75 and the Juice pushes all in for another 275 or so. I take a few seconds to analyze his play this hand and if you don't think that will give you a headache... just try it. At any rate, I put him on either a straight draw or a flush draw... at any rate, everything I could put him on was a draw. I call and the turn and river are bricks! Whee!

Come on guys... post those straight flushes!

1 comment:

Rick said...

If I had a straight flush I'd blog it. My best hand of the night, by far, was when I had pocket threes, called the $4 big blind and the flop came A-Q-J.

I immediately folded and only lost $4.

Sadly, there weren't near enough hands like that last night. The nice thing about not flopping the nuts is that you can't get sucked out on...

Rick